Tuesday, January 11, 2011

What encourages me.

The past first week as Principal of Convent Sentul has been a sort of baptism of fire.


On the very first day the school had 4 official visitors. On the 3rd day two other official visitors came. On the whole, all the visitors wrote very good reports save for one set of visitors who had come for a very short visit but with a certain agenda.


I enjoyed most the very diligent visitor who reached Convent Sentul at 7.30 am that very first day of school and stayed till almost 6.00 pm. She personified true diligence. I accompanied her as she checked every room (We opened all the locked rooms and cupboards for her ). To my surprise, I noted she turned every sink tap and opened practically every cupboard. I am absolutely delighted to report that there was only one sink tap that malfunctioned out of the many taps she turned that day. She observed the morning teachers in the class and waited patiently to observe the afternoon teachers. She was very professional in her comments and conducted the pre- meeting before inspection with us so that we would understand the purpose for her visit and the post meeting after the inspection to let us know her fair findings. I was so happy with her diligence and professionalism that I gave her an autographed copy of my 2nd book.


There were certainly many things at work in the spiritual realm that week - both against us and for us. I was instructed and advised by certain officials to make a certain decision which I found unpleasant. I also fell severely ill and had to be nebulized and was on mc on Thursday in the very first week of school! I think I have not had an mc for several years in Seksyen 5


When I sought help from the other Christian principals, I recieved ready help and advice. I was much encouraged by the many phone calls from the Catholic Church and others who affirmed they were praying for me in view of the crucial decision I had to make that first week despite being severely ill.


Now I clearly realized I am not alone in this battle for the students and teachers' hearts, minds and souls. I am very much reassured that God has gone on ahead of me and He walks alongside me and He is my rear guard.




This 2nd week God helped me win certain battles on the Monday morning. This morning I am much encouraged by Sister Luke and Sister Ben's visit to the school. They are simply so gracious and I am simply encouraged by these two sisters who toiled on and worked despite their age.
But God always knows the final secret as to what warms my heart the most!
See how beautiful these two tone purple flowers creepers blooming above the two benches near the school's little field. On my first visit to the school, the two vines were not in full flower and actually looked quite pathethic and scrawny. So I had a word with the gardener Maran.
And lo and behold - it has been only a few weeks after that first visit but Maran has done wonders and the flowers are in beautiful bloom! Oh the joy that beautiful sight stirs in my heart! Can anybody out there tell me the name of this flowering shrub?
I am also so delighted by the fact the school is not so big and I can complete my morning rounds quite quickly. Behind these two flowering vines are the Form 3 classes and also the corridor which leads to the library and the science labs.


.
My heart sings grateful thanks to the God who always encourages me - by people, by circumstances and by the flowers which bloom so profusely under His care.













1 comment:

  1. this convent school is really beautiful especially of the relaxing such as this picture...i hope that SMKS5 school has a good garden like a past time (before the mosque has been constructed) >.< ... anyway...nice picture..

    faithfully
    Chan Meng Kit

    ReplyDelete