Friday, October 11, 2013

The pleasure of travelling

When I was much younger and poorer, I had many dreams of travelling the world and seeing what I read in books come alive in my travels. In fact, I told Papa God if ever He intended to take me home to Heaven earlier and if by chance I hadn't quite travel as much as I wanted to, to make very sure His angel take me on a round the world tour first, before taking me up to the more glorious heavens.

Papa God must have heard my prayers and blessed my husband financially so that we can travel often and savor travelling and not make the angel do a whirlwind tour. Thank you Papa God for hearing and answering my prayers. This post will show pics in Santorini, Greece August-Sept 2013. Santorini means Saint Irene - so for my good friend and pastor Irene, here is one beautiful island bearing your name to which which you must go.

At the castle ruins overlooking Oia.



Santorini has ...
more churches than houses
more wine than water
more steps than roads
more donkeys than taxis


Yummy Greek food at Kamaris, black beach resort area.


Jason at Oia



This handsome bus conductor on the bus to Kamaris
transported me back in time to 30 years ago  nostalgia
on the Len Sen bus in Setapak.
He  issued tickets by punching holes in each tickets
and shouted the name of each bus station .


Sue Ann in  Fira overlooking the bay where our
Spanish cruise ship The Zenith awaits our return.


Donkey ride down 600 steps from Fira to the harbour 
to our awaiting ship. Remember Santorini has ...
more steps than roads and more donkeys than taxis.



Returning back to our cruise ship The Zenith.
She is a 11+1 storeys ship with lifts running
up to the 11 floor. 
The 12th floor is the deck from
which we often view sunrise and sunset.


What a happy time, savoring the sights, the smells, the sounds of Santorini. Thank you God.


No comments:

Post a Comment