Saturday, December 18, 2010

Oh for the love of an iPhone 4




So many of you have been telling me to get an iPhone 4. Let me clarify..........

Unbeknown to you guys, I had actually got an iPhone4 some weeks ago brought in from the States and it had worked happily on my previous number which I stubbornly maintained because i did not want to trouble you my friends with a change in my phone number.

However for some reasons it crashed and I lost all my contacts so my daughter rescued me first with her old phone. However I did not know who sent the sms or calls since all memory kaputed. 2nd thing I did not know how to sms or call people or do anything with her phone being the dinosaur I am from ages beyond.

So she rescued me again with my old phone which I knew how to operate but no one knew that number so it was like I was oscillating between two phones, recieving from one and trying to see the number and answering on the other. I felt so frustated........ yucks! No words can express my feelings during that time.

So after realizing the first iPhone was physically there but couold not be used until for some unknown time in the future, I made an immediate decision to line up for another iPhone4 at Maxis Menara.

So I drove from home at 5.55 am and was outside the Maxis doorway in KLCC by 6.15 am. This was done with relative ease due to great amount of practice I had this past one month of waking up at 4.30 am and being at my workplace by 6.00-6.15 for many mornings on official duties.

Question Number 1 in my mind when I reached the Maxis door."Was I at the right place since no one was lining up here" Being the kiasu I was, yours truly hopped up one floor to San Franscisco Coffee place and asked them. They directed me to the main Maxis tower. There I was firmly re-directed and assured by all the guards there to return to my original spot. 6.30 am. Fan No 2 of iPhone4 arrived and waited next to me.

Turned out this 24 year old Malay girl had just finished her 4.30 am shift at the Sepang hangar for aircraft maintainance and came straight to line up for iPhone4. No, it is not her love of iPhone4 that touched me. The real story is she did all this- 24 hours straight no sleep - for the love of her father to get him an iPhone4 cos he needed one but would not be bothered to go to all the hassle to get one so she went through all the hassle for him.

Fan No 3+ boyfriend came about 7 am, i think. She dropped her blackberry and it became gila so she just had to get an iPhone4. I was amused and touched by the love of the boyfriend for fan No 3. They had come the day before and arrived at 8.45 am and there was no crowd because there was no more phones so today they came again much earlier from Subang.

All sorts of people loved the iPhone4 enough to line up for it, There was Cina apek guys who spoke in Mandarin and or in cantonese who lined up. There were several other boyfriends who accompany their girlfriends but i can honestly say I should be about the oldest to line up. Ok,ok - I may be a dinosaur but a dinosaur who had used the iPhone4 earlier and who had loved it!

One door opened about 8 am i think. We inched nearer but there was another door. We were then given numbers and yours truly is No 1. News to all who seek iPhone4. If you are the first 3 in the line and be the first at each of the 3 counters, you get your iPhone4 immediately. The others were asked to come back at 12.45 pm and then only they could recieve the phones.

Boyfriend of fan No 3 happily held the iPhone4 and said, " Yes we got it!" I said "Naw, that doesn't move me cos I have been holding the phone for a few weeks but i want not just the phone but all the stuff and fringe benefits that comes with it from the online stuff."

So friends, ever since i had a hand phone, I held the same number throughout for the love of my friends and don't want to incovenience anybody. This week, I went through 3 different numbers and I hope I will not have to change to another number.

End of the simplified story on for the love of an iPhone4. It actually begins with the love for people bonded by phone numbers and email and facebook and the love of my daughter who rescued me - the dinosaur. Please do not use the 010 number. My daughter is taking it to Shanghai and you may find yourself landed with a whopping bill.


P/S : The boyfriend of fan No 3 is supposed to post this all on the blog before me but when i surfed and couldn't smell his blog, I had to write.




No comments:

Post a Comment